Thursday, October 30, 2008

6 weeks

Whitney is now 6 weeks old and growing tons. She is still wearing preemie clothes, the newborn are still way to big, the preemies still fit but are getting to short. The neck of the newborn outfits fall off her shoulders. The size difference between newborn and preemie is huge. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
She is more aware and more active. The pediatrician said she needs to be about 8 lbs before sleeping through the night, so the last couple nights I woke her up to eat otherwise she would probably sleep through most of the night. Feeding once a night isn't to bad. She is getting chubbier especially in her cheeks. She is about 6 lbs now.
Brayden still doesn't really care to much that Whitney is living here. He hates when she is in her car seat so he is always trying to get her out. He brings a truck to her every now and then. If you were to drive by our house and hear the noise level you would know the 2 year mark is fast approaching. Brayden has become a LOUD talker. We are working on 'using our inside voice'. Helping Mommy give baby Whitney a bath We keep Brayden on a pretty strict schedule and he knows it. So when we are a little late getting him to bed or a nap... he will go get his blanket, push Patrick and me into his room and start to climb into bed.. you know you've worn out your child when they are trying to get into bed, not out.
He loves playing with his 'Dadda'
I put Whitney is a pair of pants that Brayden had. He wore them when he was 3 weeks old so I figured Whitney, at 6 weeks, could maybe fit into them. Well instead we found that Whitney is going to be a pair on pants for Halloween. Brayden is going trick-or-treating as a baseball player. The smile is because he can sense the candy (or any food) that will be in his reach.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Adorable Pictures!! SHe looks darling in her little blue jeans! Glad to hear you guys are doing good!

Monette and Mark said...

Brayden looks all ready to go trick 'r treating. Glad to hear Whitney is sleeping so well. I'm sure you're anxious for her to hit 8lbs.

Melissa said...

I can't believe Whitney is so tiny. Trenton weighed that much when he was born; I'm glad she's healthy though. What fun and cute kids.

Chris and Kristen said...

Your kiddos are so cute and getting so big! Whitney gets cuter and cuter by the day!