Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Warning lots of pictures

One of the summer activities the Up to 3 program had was going to Brigham City's train station. Like an idiot I took Brayden and Whitney. We walk in and Brayden goes crazy... there are trains everywhere. A nice lady I've worked with took Whitney so I could 'deal' with Brayden. I tried to calm him down so he could see all the choo- trains. That didn't work. We ended up leaving because he was so upset because the other kids where looking at the trains he wanted.
look at that face... if looks could kill
looking out the train

The next week they offered free train rides. I wasn't going to take him but he was so good that day I decided he earned it. We we got there I told him if he throw a fit, we would leave. The big train pulled up and we got on the train without any fits. We past some trains and he kept asking for more trains. I had to keep telling him he was on the train. I don't think he realized he was riding a train, not just looking at trains.


Brayden has decided that he doesn't want to go to bed while the sun is still up. So at night he can be very destructive while in his room... when it gets quiet I start to worry. This is what he did to his room one nap time.... ohh this 2 year old knows how to keep me going. Sweet story time with 'Daadddeee'

Whitney's hair is finally long enough to pull up into a pony tail. The first day I put it in 2 piggy tails Brayden ran into the room pointed at Whitney and yelled "BEEEEEE" (bumble bee). Ever since the first pony tail, Whitney's hair will not lay down so in the mornings she has Mohawk hair it just makes me laugh. And it is still very red. (this is Brayden, Whitney, and Patrick's first rodeo)


We were finally able to have the Bailey family vacation. We had lots of fun.... and sad that we missed the Tanner family. Brayden had so much fun with the cousins he keeps asking for more every time he sees a picture.
Driving like a mad man...

Bailey Bug...

Cute cousin Briggs...

Sweet innocent baby Jonas

Brayden had so much fun with the 'bow balll' (bowling ball) This was his first time bowling in real life, not just with the Wii. Whitney was so tired... quality time with Grandpa and then she slept during our bowling game.
Brayden running to the slip and slide

and him running away

We are have a fun summer in the pool (we miss our big pool from the last place we lived)Whitney hates the sun and this is the only hat I could find for her.. she was so happy.

She is still very small, but getting to be a big girl. (11 months Sunday) Brayden likes reading Whitney stories.
Saturday at the family reunion Brayden had his first seizer. It was scary and we didn't really know what was going on. We are so grateful to have family there to help us. I'm not sure who it was, but someone stood behind me and they had been around someone who had seizers a lot and talked me through it. I am soooo grateful for whoever that was, it really helped. After an ambulance ride, blood work, and a ct scan; we were sent home with no known cause. We were just happy to be going home. Thursday morning Brayden had another one. I called our pediatrician and he told me if he had another one to go down to Primary's ER and they would get him into a neurologist right away. Around 4 he had another one. We stayed the night at Primary's Thursday night and Friday he had more blood work, an EEG, and an MRI. That day he had 3 more seizers within 4 hours and one was during the EEG which was scary but wonderful because they were able to get the best results poosible. All test results came back normal (YEAH!!!) They are treating Brayden with epilepsy medication and so far so good. They only way to find the right medication is trial and error. We are doing pretty good, just trying to get back into the swing of normal life. Whitney was an angel through it all. She rode down to Primary's with us where my mom meet us and took Whitney. She spent the next 2 days and nights with Grandma Bailey. THANK YOU MOM you saved us. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, how scary!!! I haven't a clue what I would have done. God job keeping your wits about you! I hope they find a good medication for him that works well or even a cause that can be "easily" treated.

thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Christy said...

oh my goodness! How scary for you guys! How is he doing now? Do you know what is causing them? I am sorry to hear about that, I sure hope he is doing better. You have been through so much. You guys are amazingly strong parents. It is so hard to see your kids going through so much. We will keep you guys in our prayers and hope the medication works! Let us know how things are going soon. We were down in Utah that weekend with Emily at the U of U.

And CUTE pictures of the kids!

Chris and Kristen said...

SCARY! Wow. You can't catch a break it seems sometimes with your kiddos health. Hang in there. I love the story of Brayden in his room with his trains. Funny for me, but not for a parent. I can only imagine how Katie will be at that age.