We very closely watched him and see what was happening. First His new primary teacher was overly strict and mean to him. She "felt" it was her problem to fix Brayden (as she told me one day) She would let him sit in is own chair she would physically hold him down and force him to look forward. We pulled him out of class as soon as we heard of the problem. That really made him feel better. I wanted him to know that we believed him and I really want him to know that the teacher was acting wrong. We have gone to the presidency and expressed our concerns.. Along with other parents they decided to get a new teacher for the class. Brayden comes home so excited to tell me what they learned and has been happy to go to church.
We also learned that at school his teacher was "limiting his contact with the other children" I felt so bad for Brayden. His feelings were hurt because he couldn't play with his friends. His teacher also was very negative with him and wasn't treating him well. I have seen talked to the teacher and the principal. I have had many concerns with the way she interacted with Brayden. Since having the meetings things have been so much better. The principal is making sure Brayden is interacting with other children and using the time as teachable moments and not just keeping him away. Mrs. Jill is also doing much better about staying positive with him and being happy with all the kids.
Things have been much better at home too. We had a few weeks there were really a challenge. Durning that time I was reminded how much I love my little boy. He is getting to be so big. He is learning so much and is so smart and creative. I love the times when we get to cuddle and be together. I am so proud of Brayden and how far he is coming in life. I LOVE YOU BRAYDEN!
1 comment:
I am so sorry! I would be so frustrated. I am nearly speechless with fury. I can't even think of anything to say I am so bothered by it.
I am glad things are going better for Brayden. I really am so sorry. Brayden can be a tough boy but he is also a sweetheart. He doesn't need to be "fixed" GRR! I am still so mad.
Post a Comment