Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Family Vacation

This weekend we were able to have a 'family/ anniversary vacation.' It was only to Salt Lake for a day, but we had fun. We went to Ikea to look for ideas for decorating (right now the house is a clean slate). Brayden got a rug that has a town with roads to drive his trucks on. Brayden and I went to an old roommate's, Andrae, baby shower. It was so much fun to see everyone. Later, we went to the zoo. Brayden liked all the animals (he's a country boy at heart). Patrick says he doesn't know who was more excited, me or Brayden. I say me! Monday, I had another doctor appointment. 3 hours later... we were back in the car. The baby isn't growing very well so the dr. checked everything on the ultrasound and had me 'hook' up to a non-stress test. He says the baby looks good and seems healthy she just isn't growing. I'm so grateful I get to have an ultrasound each time and the dr is very good to check everything. So for now, I'm just counting kicks (she kicks more than I can count) several times a day and I'll go back next week. Hopefully by then she will have a growth spurt. She weighs about 3 1/2 lbs right now.... if she keeps growing at this rate when she is born she'll be a tiny 5 lbs.







Don't mind the prego holding the cute boy..


This is Brayden's new smile
Mom, does this look familiar....

Brayden's found a new 'horsey'



5 comments:

Celeste said...

Brayden is so cute! It was so much fun to see you. When I was pregnant with my first, they had me counting kicks and visiting a specialist 2 times a week with ultrasounds galore. Try not to worry about it. It won't help. As long as her heart is beating and she's kicking you, I'm sure she'll be fine. She's just a tiny little thing.

Angie Oliverson said...

the zoo! how super fun! pictures are adorable as usual! love love love ya!!

Monette and Mark said...

I love going to the zoo!! Looks like you had fun. I hope your little girl starts growing soon. At least she's healthy. Take good care of yourself.

Chris and Kristen said...

Jessica, its Kristen Housley (Hepworth) from you ward growing up. I found your blog today through Venessa. It so good to catch up with you. You little boy is so cute! My blog is private so I need your email address so I can add you to my list so you can acess it. My email is khousley66@gmail.com, so email me your address! I hope to hear from you soon, and congrats on the house. That is always exciting!

Christy said...

We love the Zoo...well my little girl Madi does. She loves all animals! Looks like you guys are having a good summer, and that picture of Brayden smiling is just the cutest thing ever! He has quite the smile! Are you worried about your little girl not growing too much? She will probably grow a lot here soon I bet!