Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What have we been up to?

It has been a fun last couple of weeks. We are keeping busy.For an eagle scout project, a kid here in Tremonton, had a baby farm animals petting zoo. Brayden loved it.The baby chicks where his favorite
Brayden has become a pretty good climber. I found he standing on the counter licking the cookies. He is definitely a 2 year old. I've looked into Fedex shipping him off to Grandma some days. But we love him and he keeps us smiling. Speech therapy is going well. He love going to class and slowly more words are coming. Most of his vocabulary is food related... He like to eat!

Whitney is getting older and older everyday. I'd say bigger but she is now 8 months old and about 12 lbs. She has finally grown out of newborn clothes!! She is now sitting up all by herself and best of all sleeping from 7:15 pm to 6:30 am. It has been wonderful. Physical therapy is going great we are working on rolling and getting into crawling positions. The last month and a half has been fun to watch how much she is changing. She is now reaching and playing with toys and interacts with us. Her smiles and giggles are so precious. We go back down to Primary Children the end of June and beginning of July for more follow-ups. We are so blessed to have her angel spirit in our home.
This is her about a week old This is her now (same bear, promise)
Brayden lives for his "choo-choo's" One morning he was eating breakfast and put his cereal into the train, take it around the track once, then eat it. It took him about an hour to eat breakfast.

We've been waiting out some crazy storms. And we've put our yard in... finally. It took 2 weekends. The first we had tons of help from neighbors. The next weekend everyone was gone (Memorial weekend is not a good time to need help) so Hillary and Spencer came and saved us. THANK YOU!!!!
Before
Whitney's contribution to yard work.
After
The backyard
We visited a graves of family for memorial day.

This is my great-grandparents. (my mom's grandparents)
This is Patrick's grandpa's

4 comments:

jared hawkins said...

Your yard looks awesome, great job. Your kids are so adorable. We miss you all.

Christy said...

Hey guys! Looks like you have been busy busy!! Brayden and Whitney are getting so big and are such sweet kids. I hope to meet them and you, Jessica someday! That would be awesome to hang out! Your yard looks great! What side of the freeway are you guys on? Everytime we are passing Tremonton Ryan and I say,(as we are pointing to different houses) "that could be their house or that one..." haha! Anyway glad you guys are doing well.

I also want to apoloogize if I came across rude last time I talked with you, Patrick. Ryan and I just had a family funeral for Ethan so I hope I didn't make you guys feel bad. I am really sorry if I did. You guys are such great friends and we so appreciate all your thoughts and prayers during this time.

Chris and Kristen said...

Your yard looks great! I remember when we finished ours. It is so nice to have a yard for the kiddos. I'm glad to see Whitney growing up. I couldn't believe she is 8 months and only 12 pounds. She is a cutie though for sure.

Hay and J said...

That picture of whitney when she was a new born next to the teddy bear is soo cute!! And i'm so jealous you have a house!! You have cute kids jess!