Patrick got back from traveling for two weeks on Aug 29th. He got a boil on his lower stomach. He gets boils often, but this was big and painful. On Wednesday it was getting bigger and very sore. He went to the doctor and he put him on the antibiotics and told him to watch it. On Friday he went back because it was bigger. They received the results back as MRSA. They put him on IV antibiotics every 8 hours until Monday. It was a LONG weekend. His treatments were at 6 am 2 pm and 10 pm. The antibiotic they used is very strong and hard on the veins so almost every time they had to put in in a new IV. He was gone for about 2 1/2 -3 hours each time. It seemed every time he went in there was a problem and he would be gone longer. They couldn't get the IV, they had to up the meds, and so on... It if was going to be longer than the weekend they were going to do a pic line. I was frustrated and had a really hard time whenever he left. I didn't like being away from him while he was in pain. It hit me to the core. Sadly, I wasn't much support for him. We had planned to go away on Monday for our anniversary. I decided it was the perfect time to use my faith. I prayed... like I had never prayed. But it was different I prayed with knowledge that I was being heard. I got up and got everything ready for us to go on Monday hoping the dr would release him. I packed the bags and mowed the lawn. I had let so many "things" in my life that I had forgotten the important things.
On Monday we went back to the dr and he was very happy with the result and was able to switch him to oral antibiotics for the next 4 weeks. The bump stayed for over a month. We are watching very careful to make sure it doesn't happen again. The dr kept telling us that it doesn't live on things (door knobs and shopping carts) so as long as we are careful when cleaning it, it shouldn't be contagious.
No comments:
Post a Comment