
My grandma (mom's mom) had an extremely long name and when she was married she kept them all.... and even signed with them all. So she always said "don't give your girls middle names because when they get married, they will have 4 names." She needless to say my sisters and I don't have middle names, but we always wanted them. She all of my nieces have middle names and I was bound and determined my girls would too. We get to the hospital and I'm filling out the paper work and Patrick says he thinks girls shouldn't have middle names either, but left the choice up to me. (smart man) I had a hard time deciding on the name and if we wanted to give one to her. It is now official....
Whitney Joan Oliverson.
We will probably call her Whitney Jo, but I really wanted her to have my Grandmother's name.
Here is also a link to see Whitney's photos from the hospital. We had taken more clothes for her to wear, but everything is way to big... finally we found a onsie that stays on her body a little better. Good thing babies are suppose to grow fast.
4 comments:
COngrats again guys! She is just adorable! And I like the name you choose for her. I like middle names too!
Good name! Personally I dropped my maiden name when I got married because, yes, then I would have had 4 names and that seamed like a bit much. But it's a choice that can be made :) If she wants to drop her middle name when she gets married she can do that to. She can pretty much change her name to "Hocus pockus" when she gets married if she wants... oh, the joys of being a girl :)
Good job finding a onsie that would even fit her that well! She looks adorable. With how small she is, I'm amazed you found a onsie that was even compairable. Heck, with an average sized kid it's hard to get onsies that fit right!
I struggled with giving a middle name. I had it all picked out and everything. We were going to name her Katie Alice after my grandmother, but in the end I decided not to give her one for the exact reason of having four names. I don't have a middle name either and it never bothered me, so in the end we didn't give her a middle name, but I struggled with it for a long time. I stuggled more with the middle name more than her first name. Either way, it doesn't change who she is. She is beautiful Jess!
She is so beautiful, Jess. Congratulations again. I love her name. I think middle names that mean something (like being named after someone) are worth a lot. It will remind her of someone worthy of looking up to. I can't believe how tiny she is. Braiden will be in love with her and be very protective of her in no time, if he isn't already. Try to get some sleep. How is the C-section recovery coming along?
Post a Comment