Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer full of activities

Brayden tries so hard to be the best big brother... he even shares his favorite food (and one of the words he can say) "ap--ple." As you can see Whitney is getting better and better everyday with everything she does. She sits up great and is getting better with her fine motor skills. Some of her new developments include reaching for toys and looking for them after she drops them. She is even bringing toy to her mouth! She has rolled over from her back to stomach a few times and rolls from her stomach to back whenever she wants. We get so excited for the simplest progress. We meet with the geneticist and he evaluated her and put her developmentally at 7 months. She is on the right track! I can believe she is 10 months already, where did the year go? She is 12 lbs now... every where we go everyone ask how old she is then are shocked to her 10 months.

Every time we go down to Salt Lake for another doctor's appointment we tell Brayden that we will go to the Living Planet aquarium.... well we finally went. He had a blast. He even wanted to pet the sting ray.. but I wouldn't let him ewww. We had to drag him out after an hour and a half.

We spend father's day in Shelley. Brayden had a blast being spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa O. He stopped to pose for us. What a talent he has on the piano. We spent the 4th of July at the cabin and at Rupert. Brayden had lots of fun at the parade. Luckily this year wasn't too hot. He really wanted a picture of the trucks.... silly kid. Somehow my big sis Jen got both little kids... Brooky and Whitney decided to attack at the same time. Partners in crime.



The kids (and Patrick) had a lot of fun playing in the pool. Brayden wouldn't leave Patrick's side but didn't have any problems splashing him.

We even let Brayden stay up for the fireworks. We went to my uncles who's neighborhood had done some amazing fireworks. Brayden slept through the entire show. I guess the days events had worn him out.
July 6th was my mom's birthday. We were able to stay an extra day so we could spend the day with her. Happy Birthday Mom... We love you. (she is such a goof... singing happy birthday to herself)
Every time we go to my parents house Patrick fall asleep in this chair with one of the kids blankets. He denies it so I'm going to start posting it every time. He's Patrick with his pink blanket in his Sunday best. How can you help but love this man ;)
All the Grand-boys with the newest addition to our family... baby Jonas Joshua Tanner... what a cutie pie.
One morning I thought Patrick had got up with the kids but I woke up and could hear Brayden in the monitor (in Whitney's room) I went to check on them and Brayden had crawled up in the crib and put a pillow under Whitney's head, got one for himself and tucked himself into bed next to her. What cute kids. Doesn't that just melt your heart. So I found Patrick, who had got out of bed with Brayden, but crawled back in bed in the guest room and let Brayden run wild. I keep telling him that doesn't count.

The 'Up to 3' program has had a lot of family activities this summer so we have been able to do some fun things.... swimming, Story time at the zoo, fire department, family picnic, puppet shows, and the train station. We have had a good time and Brayden has loved everyone with more pictures to come.

4 comments:

Celeste said...

I'm so glad to hear you guys are doing well. And I'm excited that Whitney is reaching her milestones. Love you Jess! I'm glad we get to keep up with each other through blogs.

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad that Whitney is doing so well!! Thanks to her wonderful mama for taking such good care of her ... good job Jess! And Brayden has got to be the best big brother ... how cute is that picture of them in her crib together?? love, love, love it!!

Christy said...

So glad to hear Whitney is doing so well. We were at the hospital yesterday with Emily and she will need therapy when she comes home too. Kind of makes me nervous, but it sounds like Whitney is really coming along and doing so well! Sounds like you guys have been really busy and having lots of fun. Cute stories and pictures of the kids. We really do need to meet up sometime soon!

Chris and Kristen said...

What cute kiddos! I love how he snuck in and saw Whitney in her crib. I wish we could have seen you on the fourth. We were in Rupert too and that would have been fun. Who knew right? Almost all 7 of us that grew up together in Acequia were there on the fourth. It would have been fun to get together. I'm glad Whitney is making progress. That is so exciting and has got to be rewarding that all your hard work is paying off.